Monday, May 24, 2010

Final Specs For Print

I've now sent my final spread sheet detailing which process' will apply to which weighs & colours. Initially I found it really difficult to make a decision as I really would have loved to have every process on every colour & every weight. I did ask Chris if this was possible (wishfull thinking) but as I expected it would take far too much time and more stock than I have. The individual weights for each process need to be 'set up' which is time consuming. Luckily I had a contingency plan in the event that this was the case. This is what Chris said:
"To give you an idea how much work it is . . . every weight and foil colour will need to be 'set up'. the Colorlux will need a separate set up again!!
The same applies to all the other processes. Its not just a case of setting up one and then they all work; the different thicknesses need different pressures etc "


At the moment, seeing as this is a prototype I am happy with the process' being limited to one weight of stock each.
175gsm - de boss all colours
270gsm - emboss all colours
350gsm - foil all colours & all foils (+ colorlux gloss)
540gsm - die cut all colours
Colorlux Ebony Matt & Gloss - UV Spot

No comments:

Post a Comment